Did you know…
- 7.7 million people visited Australian and New Zealand national and state libraries in 2007-08.
- 132 million people visited Australian and New Zealand national and state library websites in 2007-08.
- 108 million Australians visited public libraries each year.
- 12 million people are currently registered users of public libraries – almost half of Australia’s total population.
- 6,400 internet computers are currently located in public libraries around Australia (a further 1,600 computers for word processing).
- 400 corporate/business libraries in Australia play a key role in ensuring that business strategy and decision-making is supported by accurate, current, relevant information sources.
What is Library & Information Week?
In May every year, libraries and information services throughout Australia celebrate Library and Information Week and highlight the vital role and value of libraries. More…
Leave a comment with your favourite library story.