The State Library of Western Australia seeks to play a key role in collecting, preserving and promoting the cultural heritage of all Western Australians. Here is a link to our Strategic Directions document should you wish to read more about this.
The Prime Minister’s apology to the stolen generations is a major historical moment and a hoped for turning point for Indigenous communities. The State Library of Western Australia is keen to capture this historic moment in our collections to ensure its memory is preserved for future generations.
We would love to have your help and support in helping to capture this moment, so would please let us know of any materials you have that can be added to such a collection. The types of things we are looking for are:
- Ephemera from the day – flyers, email notices, program run down and campaign action materials
- Personal photos and audio visual images collected on the day
- Personal accounts of gatherings on the day, the significance of the day and hopes from it
- Media clips and alerts about the day and commentary about it
- Websites, blogs and other forums of online communication that refer to the apology
In the positive spirit of reconciliation we look forward to your help in our efforts to record the significance of this day for all Australians.
For more information please email our Specialist on indigenous subjects.