This photograph was taken in Perth in 1969. The river can just be seen in the background. Can you tell us the address and/or name of this block of flats?
The State Library is currently preparing its Strategic Directions document for 2009-2011. We are interested in your comments. Topics that have been raised to date which you may like to comment on include:
- How important is digital access? Should this be a primary focus for the next three years?
- Collecting contemporary material is always difficult. How can we capture what is being created and continue to tell the Western Australian story?
- Relationships, partnerships and collaborations are very important to us. How can we enhance these?
- How can we best work with public libraries?
- Who are our customers and what do they want? How will this change in the next five years?
- Our building needs attention …
Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
There’s an amazing library building in Kansas! Local residents were asked to nominate influential books which represented Kansas city and the library exterior was then built to represent a giant bookshelf.
A similar feature is in place at Cardiff Public Library in Wales, although in their case it’s only temporary while renovations are taking place. To read more about it and see pictures of the libraries go to http://deputy-dog.com/2007/11/30/can-you-spot-the-library/
It’s interesting to read the positive comments from the public including this one:
“This is brilliant, brilliant stuff. How can they make this temporary? Never in my life have I seen a more compelling argument for the beauty of a library.”