The State Library is currently preparing its Strategic Directions document for 2009-2011. We are interested in your comments. Topics that have been raised to date which you may like to comment on include:
- How important is digital access? Should this be a primary focus for the next three years?
- Collecting contemporary material is always difficult. How can we capture what is being created and continue to tell the Western Australian story?
- Relationships, partnerships and collaborations are very important to us. How can we enhance these?
- How can we best work with public libraries?
- Who are our customers and what do they want? How will this change in the next five years?
- Our building needs attention …
Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Google Maps launched Street view in Australia last night. Whilst the images are not current, it is fascinating to see how technology is being integrated into everyday use.
To check out your house go to http://maps.google.com.au/maps and click street view so it goes bold. Then click on the camera and follow the map into your front yard!
The State Library of Western Australia is interested in acquiring copies of a magazine called “Not the West Australian“, an exposure of the WA Inc. activities published in the late 1980′s.
If you can provide copies, or any further information about this publication, please contact the Collection Development team at the State Library on:
Telephone: +61 8 9427 3348 or
Where can you find over 33, 000 recipes? How about HERE
How about searching for corrections to articles? HERE
Find a poem by the last line? HERE
At the State Library of Western Australia we have a wide array of e-resources. Because they aren’t as visible as our physical collections they can get forgotten in the rush to get the information you want: To help with this we have arranged the databases by floor to match the physical collection.
All Floors: ANZ Reference Centre
Academic Search Premier
Master File Premier
Ground: Columbia Granger’s Poetry Database
Library Information Science Technology Abstracts
2nd: Health Source: Consumer Edition
Health Source: Nursing/ Academic Edition
Small Engine Repair Reference Centre
Have a look and see what interesting facts you can find.